Monday 2 January 2012

Morris Minor Traveller





Here is another addition to my cushion collection, an on going project that is slowly growing. 
It's based on a very cute 1960's Morris Minor Traveller that a friend had for a while. Sadly, although they had a few successful adventures together he had to part with it so I made him one that he can keep forever, that doesn't require any servicing or road tax and makes a rather nice memento. This is the first occasion that I have hand stitched part of the design rather than drawing it on and I really like the result. I have added a pocket detail with button fastening to allow the stuffing to be removed as the cushion is machine washable inside out. Next I'm planning on having a go at plush toys in quite a similar manner as this.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! I love it! Great work as usual. I am not in the country but would do anything to lay my head upon it right now.

    ReplyDelete